Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How was my thanksgiving you ask?? Well.....

Hello my friends!

Thanksgiving is over. And let me say that it was a lot of fun! In case you didn’t know, Aaron and I were in Illinois and Indiana visiting Aaron’s family for the past week. We had a blast but I was also ready to be home to get back into my routine and start back at the gym.

 Thanksgiving is always a really hard time for me to control my eating. It seems like everywhere I turn there is food that has been cooked with love for me to enjoy. Unfortunately, that is precisely the problem for me…being around all of that awesome food makes me want to eat it. Because I am not taking control of my eating like I should, I continue to eat when I know I shouldn’t. Then I feel guilty about eating more than I should, which usually results in more eating. I have a tendency to self-destruct when I get a little off track.  

Weigh-in Wednesday: 256

So this trip was a struggle for me. Aaron’s grandma makes some of the best food I have ever tasted and that made it even harder to try and turn down.  So all in all I didn’t eat the best this weekend.

As promised, here is a photo of my Thanksgiving plate.  I forgot to take a photo of my dessert but I stuck to only one piece of pumpkin pie (which was a big victory for me!)

Today I started feeling the effects of how I ate this week. Although I had some victories with food, I also had some struggles. I felt really discouraged today but after a sweet pep-talk from my sister and a trip to the gym I feel better. I just realized that if I don’t work out every day then I won’t lose any of this weight.
  
If I am not losing weight, I am gaining weight.

So I have to continuously lose weight until I am healthy again.


Here is one victory of the day: I rode over 5 miles on the bike at the gym! My knees are about to give out any minute but I feel really good about it.

On a different note-I wanted to share just a few photos of our trip.

I went shooting! Oh it was so much fun! I got some pretty brutal bruises as you can see. But it was so worth it!

We went to down-town Indy and took a carriage ride.  Luckily, all the Christmas lights were up! Did I mention that Christmas is my favorite time of the year?

Everything was so beautiful there. There were so many trees and other pretty nature sights. We don’t see a lot of that here in Dallas so it was a treat .

We stopped through St. Louis and went to the Arch! Let me say it was so cool! Aaron and I rode to the top and it was an unforgettable experience.

This was the first time I had seen the Mississippi River! I know……I need to get out more!

And lastly I decided to straighten my hair while I was there! Of course it decided to rain the entire day but I just couldn’t believe how long it has gotten!

Well friends, my next post is going to be a healthy/yummy Italian food recipe that I just love to make. Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Grow it out! Grow it out!! I have been telling you this for 5 years!!

    ReplyDelete