Monday, November 21, 2011

My Perfect Gym!

Today I want to introduce you to my gym, the Timberglen Recreation Center. It is conveniently located about 2 minutes away from our apartment and is exactly what I was looking for!

In the past I have been very reluctant to go to a mainstream gym because I can get very intimidated. When I lived in Lubbock and attended TTU, I had the option to go to the Rec Center on campus. As you can imagine, I didn’t go because I felt very intimidated working out around all of the beautiful and skinny people!!  Instead, my sister LeAnne and I found a gym called Freedom Fitness. It was a bigger gym, but it wasn’t full of people who looked like they didn’t need to be working out in the first place. 
  
When we moved to Dallas, and I accepted the fact that I had to start working out again, I started researching gyms in our area. I didn’t feel like I necessarily needed a big fancy gym with a pro shop, a sauna, and a pool (although it would be nice). Aaron finally suggested that I look into recreation centers. Low and behold, there was one right next to our house.

Here is a photo of our gym! It has about 10 different pieces of workout equipment and free standing weights. It is small but no one is ever in there with me when I am working out. It feels like my own personal gym! There is also a basketball court attached to the building, which will be perfect when we work on our basketball skills this winter (stay tuned for more embarrassing photos!).

 And of course, as promised, here is a glamorous photo of me working out. My sweet husband took this “action photo” of me on the elliptical (my Grandma always called pictures like this “action photos”).

I haven’t totally settled on a workout schedule yet, but the last couple of days I have been doing the elliptical for 20 minutes, the treadmill for 20 minutes and then weights for 20 minutes. There are also a couple of different bike machines that I want to incorporate into my work out.

Tomorrow I will be posting about my Thanksgiving plan and some things I am thankful for!!

Thanks for following me!

No comments:

Post a Comment