Monday, December 5, 2011

Obstacle #1



Hello all! Well I have entered into my first big obstacle on my journey. After getting back from Illinois I was fine but the next day my back started hurting very badly. Aaron and I took a day off from working out at the gym and I tried some yoga to work out my muscles.

It still hurt.

The next day it was worse. I basically laid on the floor all day taking meds. When Aaron got home we decided to power through and go to the gym and see if working out might make it feel better.

It didn’t.

That night it got worse and I ended up sleeping on the floor because the bed hurt my back too much. The next morning it still hurt, so Aaron and I went to Kroger to get a heating pad and some back medication. I had my back on the heating pad for about 3 hours; it started feeling a little better. But when I woke up the next morning it still hurt.

And it still hurts tonight.

I know that this is Satan trying to stop me and discourage me from losing this weight. Honestly, after those really painful nights (when it was almost unbearable,) I started questioning what I was doing and if I even had enough faith to continue.

Once again, I started believing all the lies that got me into this situation.

After many prayers (and back-pain medication!) I have decided that this is just something I am going to power through. I am not going to give up just because of back pain and because I’m tired. I have worked very hard during the last month and I am not going to throw it out the window.

I am discouraged….but the Lord has big plans for me..

So I press on.

Back pain and all.

I will be stronger because of this.

Thank you for listening.

1 comment:

  1. keep it up girl! and take some advil. :D love you and praying for this journey!

    ReplyDelete