Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Thanksgiving!


 Hi all!

Well Aaron and I are all packed up and ready to head up north to Lawrenceville, Illinois for Thanksgiving! I am so excited to meet the rest of Aaron’s family and spend some time with them, although I am also sad that I won’t be able to spend time with my family this weekend.  

It is no secret that Thanksgiving (and the Holiday season in general) can really mess up a diet!!

 So what are my plans for Thanksgiving, you ask??

Well, Aaron and I have agreed to “power walk” every morning while we are on this vacation. I bet you are getting a fun mental picture as you are reading this! I think that walking together will be a lot of fun, especially since it’s supposed to be a lot cooler there than it has been here in Dallas (By the way, I am thankful for the warm weather  because it’s almost December and I can still wear shorts!).
  
I have told Aaron to hold me to my word and only let me have one normal size piece of pumpkin pie after dinner. This will be hard, because pumpkin pie is my all-time favorite Thanksgiving dessert.  Also I am hoping I will be able to sneak a photo of what my Thanksgiving plate looks like!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I would like to take some time to talk about some people I am thankful for-


I am thankful for my husband Aaron. He has the capability to make me laugh when I am not in the best of moods. He eats my cooking and likes it (well most of it…haha). He is the leader of our household and keeps me on my toes. He loves the Lord and pushes me to grow in my faith. We can have fun while doing anything, from trying to kayak to sitting on the couch laughing at commercials.

I am thankful for my Mom and Dad. No child could have grown up in a more loving household. My parents have taught me everything I know and continue to amaze me with the love and wisdom that they show to me and my siblings. They are both so supportive of me and my weight-loss journey and are always so encouraging. 


 I am thankful for my sister LeAnne and my twin brother Colby. LeAnne is my best friend. She is the person who cares so much that she will go above and beyond what a sister should do.  She is the most supportive person and she pushes me to be better and to work harder. She encourages me in my crazy ideas and understands when I’m upset. Even though we are far away from each other, we still talk everyday (sometimes more!) about my struggles and my victories. She is the best sister anyone could ask for.

Colby is a great brother! He can make anyone laugh in any circumstance. While I didn’t like it so much when I was little, I have grown to love his sarcasm and always look forward to spending time with him. He is so much fun to be around. I loved growing up with my siblings. Let me just say, that between me, LeAnne, and Colby, there was never a dull moment in the Gibson house :)


I am thankful for Karen. She is my other best friend (and my cousin). We have been best friends ever since she was born (at least that’s what I like to think).  Karen is so loving and caring. She has the biggest heart and is so accepting of all my quirks and weirdness. Some of my favorite memories are of us sitting on the couch, under blankets, doing cross-word puzzles while watching Little Women.  


I am thankful for my nephews and my niece. I love being an Aunt so much! These sweet kids bring smiles to my face constantly. Since Aaron and I don’t have any kids yet I claim every one of these kiddos as my own and spoil them as much as I can. They bring such joy to my life.


I am thankful for the cousins club. My cousins (James and Karen), LeAnne, Colby and I started this club when we were in elementary school. Now we have new additions to this club-Ben, Suzanne, and Aaron. Some of my most favorite memories involve these people. I am so blessed to have my best friends be people in my family!

I am thankful for big families. We are a close-knit family, and when we all get together you can bet there will be loudness (mainly from my dad and me) and laughter and love. I’m so thankful that the Lord blessed me with such a great family!


I am thankful for my in-laws! Aaron’s family has always been so welcoming to me and so loving. They definitely made the transition a lot easier when I moved to Dallas after Aaron and I got married. 


I am thankful for these girls! Anytime we have dinner with Aaron’s family and the three of us get together I know that we are going to have fun! They are both such sweet girls and I’m so thankful that the Lord blessed me with their friendship.

All of these people are a gift to me from the Lord. I am blessed beyond measure.

I hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

Oh yeah-please pray for me to have victories while on Thanksgiving vacation!!



1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for you too!!!! You inspire me to be more open about my struggles! I love you!

    ReplyDelete