Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday


Hello friends.

Well… it’s weigh- in Wednesday and my current weight is…

250

Sigh…

I didn’t even want to post my weight today….I just wanted to skip this week and pretend it never happened. Really I just wanted to lie in bed and hide under the covers because I didn’t want to face everyone who reads my blog and have to admit that I slipped up the last 2 weeks.

But I did.

And now I have to struggle and work even harder to lose the weight that I gained back.

I have been thinking today about how angry it makes me that weight can just come back. I fight and sweat to lose pounds and when I don’t work out or track every one of my calories each day they sneak back into the scale on weigh-in day.

I think what frustrates me the most is that this is just time wasted.  I was so proud of those times when I pushed myself so hard. But then I got a little too comfortable with my success. When I don’t work out and eat as I should….I see the consequences.

Now this week I have to work twice as hard to get caught back up to my lowest weight (248). Still, I will have lost 2 weeks. LeAnne (my sister) keeps motivating me, “If you aren’t losing it, you are gaining it.” Unfortunately, this has been true in my experiences.

So now I’m moving on.

But I am mad.

I’m mad at myself for slipping up.

 I’m mad for believing the lies that are still deep in my heart.

“You can’t do this”

“You’re not strong enough”

“You will always be overweight”

“You will let everyone down”

So this week ….will you pray for me to rise above the lies that lie in my heart? For me to not give up and to work hard and remember the reasons why I am doing this in the first place? I need you.

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. Courtney,
    You have a beautiful heart and a beautiful soul. Whatever you set your mind to, God will bless you with happiness. Keep your chin up and know I am rooting for you through prayer. I love you and I know you can do this :)

    - Caydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Courtney,
    Discouragement is one of Satan's greatest tools. Remember "there is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus....". So when you're feeling condemned; just put up your hand and send it right back to the pits of hell where it came from. And give all the glory to God.

    ReplyDelete