Sunday, January 1, 2012

Things I will and wont miss from 2011!


Hey friends!

Happy 2012!!

Well…. I’m really excited about this post!

I have compiled two lists about the year 2011. The first is 11 things I will miss about 2011. The second is 11 things I will not miss about 2011.

After writing this, I smiled to think about where I will be at this time next year! I love thinking about what 2012 has in store for me.

And here we go!

What I will miss about 2011

1. I will miss it being the year that I married my best friend!

2. I will miss it being the year that Aaron and I got to go to Maui on our honeymoon.

3. I will miss the time I lived in Lubbock and got to spend so much time with people I love.

4. I will miss how easy it was to not think about what I was eating.

5. I will miss devouring a whole box of popcorn at the movie, then eating sour punch straws and finishing that off with a Dr. Pepper.

6. I will miss the ice cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and whipped cream on my night time snack.

7. I will miss all the sugar-especially the Dr. Peppers!

8. I will miss the “it doesn’t matter” mentality that I adopted…thinking that eating better and working out wouldn’t change my weight. I got very comfortable ignoring the consequences of this thought process.

9. I will miss looking at a restaurant menu, thinking about all those delicious fattening foods, and ordering whatever sounded good-even when it was a 2,000 calorie dinner.

10. I will miss the carefree nights of eating what I wanted and not caring about the side effects.

11. I will miss thinking and hoping that food would bring me comfort.

What I will not miss about 2011!

1. I will not miss being miserable all of the time because I ate too much.

2. I will not miss stepping on my scale and seeing the number getting bigger and bigger.

3. I will not miss huffing and puffing when I walk up the stairs to our apartment.

4. I will not miss being uncomfortable in summer clothes because of my weight.

5. I will not miss standing in my closet and crying because nothings fits anymore.

6. I will not miss my weight causing high cholesterol and other serious health risks.

7. I will not miss my legs falling asleep when I sit cross legged on the floor because of my weight.

8. I will not miss the tears and frustration of training my body to work out again.

9. I will not miss ignoring my weight problem day after day.

10. I will not miss causing my family and friends to worry about my health.

11. I will not miss being 80 pounds heavier!

Have a beautiful 2012! 

(And I leave you with how Aaron and I spent some of our Christmas....playing in beautiful snow!)




1 comment: